Lead Custodian position for a church in Orange. Compensation $18-21/hr, plus vacation and sick leave, no medical insurance. Review full job description below.
Full-time hourly position performing duties associated with maintenance, cleaning and hospitality.
- Direct and supervise part-time custodian.
- Maintain property, including but not limited to, lawn, irrigation, landscaping, equipment, parking, walk-ways, building repairs, painting
- Purchase building maintenance, cleaning, and sanitary supplies
- Clean and arrange rooms on the church campus.
- Clean common space areas used by both congregation and lessees.
- Lock and unlock facilities as negotiated with staff
- Work within an established budget for maintenance supplies
- Work with contractors and vendors on church property
- Replace light bulbs and fixtures as needed
- Attend a weekly staff meeting
- Other duties as assigned
Tasks specific to the church:
- Be available to assist with large memorial services or special events
- Work cooperatively with volunteers
- Work cooperatively with staff and volunteers to secure church property
- Work cooperatively with the Buildings and Grounds committee to prioritize projects and identify maintenance needs
- Work to conserve energy and resources
Characteristics and Attributes:
- Open and affirming acceptance of all races, ethnicities, life styles, gender identities, and sexual orientations
- Understanding of and compliance with confidentiality rules
- Ability to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor as the “face” of the church
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work flexible schedules and some weekend hours
- Handyman skills
- Cognitive and Physical ability to use cleaning equipment and supplies
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid California Driver’s License / Valid Social Security Card
- Pass Background and DMV Check
- Ability to plan, organize, and complete maintenance and repair projects
- With or without the aid of mechanical devices and/or reasonable accommodation this position requires the ability to read and write English, communicate clearly, and to remain calm under stress. This position also requires walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to lift and move: cleaning equipment, tables, chairs, trash bins, up to fifty pounds
- Ability to stand on a step-stool or step-ladder
To apply, submit a resume plus a brief description of a project/task you organized and executed to firstname.lastname@example.org.